I miss the bottle-only newborn days. It was so simple to just prepare a couple of days worth of bottles. Why didn’t I appreciate it more? I have a near-toddler now that turns one-year old this coming Sunday. Her feeding-requirements are changing dramatically and quickly! How could I have been so deliriously exhausted that I overlooked the simplicity of the newborn/infant phase? I have unknowingly been grieving the bottle-feeding process of the newborn/infant phase of my daughter. First-world problems at their finest.
|The Simple Days…Bottle|
I drug-out the bottle as long as I could. I’m going to be honest here: I selfishly wish that my daughter could have her nutrition needs satisfied by a bottle all the way until she is 18-years-old. I didn’t (don’t) want to acknowledge the fact that my baby girl is entering the next phase of her life. I didn’t want to change the process that I had worked so hard to perfect.
|Playtex Drop-Ins – I Will Miss You|
It almost makes me want another baby. I’m going to miss her adorable “gulp, gulp, gulp” noise that she makes when she sips from her bottle, and the way she lays on me while she gulps her bottle down.
It took me until my daughter was 9-months old to perfect this bottle system. And now, three-months later, I have to change the entire baby-feeding process. I know there is “Toddler Formula”…but it’s not the same! My little baby/toddler wants big-kid food now – she wants blueberries, pancakes, shredded chicken….
I now bear the burden on providing a balanced meal for my child – this is a major responsibility, and I am afraid of failing.
I need a new system. I need to figure this out! I need to find a way to streamline my Toddler food process, like I did with the bottles. My first idea was to pre-make meals for a week ahead of time, but I have no room in my freezer! Time to buy a new freezer? Sheesh!
I have enough trouble going the bathroom with a toddler running/crawling around (and getting into EVERYTHING). How the hell am I going to cook now?
Terrified of Toddler-Food (aka, Mommy Mia)
You May Also Like:
- My Battle With Sippy Cups
- Top 9 Sippy Cups for Babies and Toddlers
- Top 25 Must-Have Newborn Baby Items
- These Are My [Pack N Play] Confessions – Mom
- Ultrasound to Baby Photo Timeline: That’s a lot of growing in just 365 Days!
- How to Make Life With Newborn Easier – The Newborn Podster
- Top 25 Must-Have Baby Toys (2013)
- Top 5 Baby Bibs (2013)
- Top 35 Life Lessons, Wisdom, and Advice for My Daughter
- 3D Ultrasound Photo Comparison to Actual Newborn Baby
- Thank You Cards, Made Easy: Time-Saving Process for Baby Gifts
- Top 10 Must-Have Baby Books
- 17 Easy Ideas for Toddler Finger Foods