Find below two videos of my daughter (18-months-old) saying, “No,” to basically question that her daddy asks her. Saying “no” is her new favorite thing to do. Despite our best efforts to teach her the word “yes,” the fruits of this effort are seldom seen from our toddler. So far, saying “No,” is our toddler’s only answer to almost every question that is asked her; it appears that our toddler lives a very straight-forward, decisive life. At least I don’t have to worry about my daughter being a pushover, or worry about her growing up feeling the need say, “yes,” to everything asked of her (though I, as her mom, would like to be the exception to this frame-of-mind).
Here is the usual dialogue between my toddler and us when we ask her questions:
- Do you want to spin in circles?
- My Toddler’s Answer: “No.” (As she spins in circles).
- Do you want to say, “no”?
- My Toddler’s Answer: “No.”
- Do you want to stomp your feet?
- My Toddler’s Answer: “No.”(As she stomps her feet).
Other things my daughter says no to (see video below):
- An offer from daddy for a million dollars; playing with Mr. Cow; sitting on Daddy’s lap; going upstairs; going downstairs; petting the doggy; picking up her to frog; climbing on the chair
Things My Toddler Says “Yes” To:
- Showing daddy her dance moves.
- Shaking her hands for daddy.
- Giving daddy a high-five
Things My Toddler Seems Indifferent About:
I talk more about my toddler’s vocabulary in my post How My Toddler Butchered the Word “Sock”….my toddler turns the word “sock into a naughty word).
PART 1: Toddler Says “No” To Basically Everything
PART 2: Toddler Says “No” To Basically Everything
What crazy things does your toddler do or say?
Share with us!
- Top 5 Bibs for Baby and Toddlers
- My 5 Stages of Baby Bottle Grief
- 17 Easy Toddler Finger Foods
- Top 25 Best Toys from Baby to Young Toddler (2013)
- Daily Mom Humor – Laundry With a Toddler
- How My Toddler Butchered the Word “Sock”
- How Waffles Changes My Life
- Top 20 Must-Have Items for Sick Baby or Toddler (2013)
- How to Nose Frida Changed My Life
- Guilt Relief for this Working Mom: Daycare Socializing and Friends
- Daily Mom Humor – Teaching My Toddler To Use a Spoon
- Brought My Toddler To a Baby Shower – Never Again
- 10 Ideas to Help Detraumatize Your Toddler During Vaccinations and Shots
- A Non-Ugly Toy Bin for Baby and Toddler Toys
- Top 35 Life Lessons – From Mother to Daughter
You May Also Like:
- Top 25 Must-Have Newborn Baby Items
- Baby Shower Gift Ideas
- Best 1st Year Baby Item – Baby Photo Board
- Thank You Cards, Made Easy: Time-Saving Process for Baby Gifts
- Keep Your Baby Busy, Keep Mommy Happy
- The Must-Have Clothing Item For Your Newborn Baby