9 Reasons Why I Don’t Want to Start
Potty-Training My Toddler…Yet
1. You people JUST made me give up the bottle and switch to sippy cups! (OK, fine – that was like a year-ago but whatever). That was hard enough! (See My 5 Stages of Baby Bottle Grief for more on my struggle giving up the bottle).
2. They don’t make a “Diaper Genie” equivalent for training potties.
3. My toddler thinks her training potty is a bucket and she also thinks that all buckets are hats and she also likes to put all hats on her head. We’ve only set out the potty to get her familiar with it, but this doesn’t sound promising for me once she starts to use it.
4. It seems that potty training will inevitably mean more laundry for me. I suck at laundry – my Pack N Play is seriously my gigantic laundry hamper. (See My Pack N Play Confessions for about my terrible laundry habits).
5. I am lazy.
6. I already spent all of my money on sippy cups. (See My Battle With Sippy Cups for more about this).
7. I’ve enjoyed this brief break from reading parenting books.
8. I still have refill liners for my Diaper Genie….and I do not want them to go to waste.
I’m not ready to start potty training my toddler! I don’t like change! But I have to. Ugh. I suppose I’d be pretty pissed at my mom if she never taught me the essential life skill of going potty.