Do you remember, “Taz,” the crazy Tasmanian Devil cartoon character from Looney Tunes? If so, I want you to try and imagine “Taz” as a feisty 2-year-old toddler. Then, I want you to try to imagine what it would be like to fly with to fly with little toddler “Taz.” I found a Tasmanian Devil Iron-On Patch (shown below) from Amazon.com that makes for a fairly accurate depiction of the “Taz” that emerged in my little tot on our 2 flights.
For starters, my little toddler seriously threw her stuffed animal(s) at the poor, unsuspecting woman who was sitting next to us (my LO wasn’t actually intending to throw it at the woman but was merely throwing a tantrum and decided to throw her stuffed Abby Cadabby doll in a fit…which happened to fly and hit the woman who was sitting in the window seat sitting next to us; it was awful…oh yeah, and this happened twice).
Why did this happen? Because, apparently, I have NO CONTROL over my child! I’ve never seen such behavior from my child. Before kids, I would have judged the parents who had a child who behaved this way.
Truth be Told: The title of my post says: “Do not do it! Save yourself” in regards to traveling with a 20-month-old, but the truth is that seeing family was worth every miserable second that we spent on with our toddler on the flight. If you have an opportunity to see family that lives far away, take it. It’s worth it. Just learn from the mistakes that I made (i.e., stay tuned for an upcoming post regarding “lessons learned” on traveling with a 20-month-old).
You may also like:
- Top 9 Sippy Cups
- My Battle With Sippy Cups
- 17 Easy Toddler Finger Foods
- Top 35 Life Lessons – From Mother to Daughter
- How My Toddler Butchered the Word “Sock”
- Toddler Likes Daddy Better Now – Mommy Is Not Happy
- Guilt Relief for this Working Mom: Daycare Socializing and Friends
- Daily Mom Humor – Laundry With a Toddler
- These Are My Pack N Play Confessions
- How to Nose Frida Changed My Life
- Robot Vacuums and Toddlers: Removing Microscopic Carpet Junk from Your Toddler’s Access
- Top 5 Bibs for Baby and Toddlers
- Top 25 Best Toys from Baby to Young Toddler (2013)
- Sophie the giraffe teether is taking over the world!
- Our Toddler Says, “No!” To Basically Every Question
- The Real Reason My Toddler Always Says, “No!”
- Toy Confession Letter – Piggy Is Gone
- Brought My Toddler To a Baby Shower – Never Again
- My 5 Stages of Baby Bottle Grief
- Top 20 Must-Have Items for Sick Baby or Toddler (2013)
- Top 11 iPhone Apps to Make Mommy Happy and Organized
- Tessa Learns the Word “Happy”…then hits Mommy with a Pillow
- Toddler Tessa Made the Local TMJ4 News Station! (Video)
- Daily Mom Humor – Teaching My Toddler To Use a Spoon