Here are My Lazy and Imperfect Self-Confessions:
(I think it’s safe to say that this is “Volume 1″…)
- I still wear maternity pants…and maternity shirts. My child is 21-months-old.
- I still blame most of my shortcomings on being overwhelmed, tired, and exhausted from the demands of my newborn. My “newborn” is now a toddler and is almost 2-years-old. (See You Know You Have a Newborn If… for more on my shortcomings due to my newborn).
- I still wear “pregnancy shoes” (aka, the shoes that my co-worked/classmate pointed at when was 6-months pregnant and said, “Ha. Nice pregnancy shoes.”) I wear them every day. My child is a toddler now.
- I don’t remember the last time I wore jeans. See my Love Letter to My Yoga Pants for more on that).
- I am on and off of the “laundry” bandwagon. I am quite possibly the most irresponsibly person, in the world, when it comes to laundry. I hate this about myself. But I hate laundry more. I’ve been battling using our Pack N Play as my gigantic laundry hamper ever since we received it at our baby shower. (See post “These Are My Pack N Play Confessions.”)
- I bought a one-year gym membership. It just expired. I didn’t go…not even once.
- I often find weird stuff growing in my fridge.
- “No one wants to clean the refrigerator I find, because that’s when they find out how filthy that they really are…” – Ellen DeGeneres.
Share your “imperfect” self by confessing your imperfections in the comment box below.
(Throw me a bone here.)